Friday, December 5, 2008

Blackberry Miracle

My Blackberry was missing since about mid morning until a few minutes ago. I had retraced my steps, sent out an email to the staff asking for people to look around, and several folks in the office were praying for its return. Still, nothing...

I set my intention about half an hour ago that I was ready for a miracle return, even one that made me feel silly....

I decided that even on vibrate I could make it really obvious where it was, so if it was on someone's desk under a pile of papers it would still be noticed. I sent 10 email messages to each of my 4 email addresses that vibrate the Blackberry, and then I pulled up the Blackberry Manager (for IT professionals) and I re-sent the service book, the IT service policies, and I changed the password on the unit.

Then I send a PIN message to the unit straight from the BES server, and as I did that, I felt something vibrate... in my chair. I rolled my chair backwards slowly, and there on the floor, where it had NOT been a short time before, was my Blackberry unit.

I think I had it clipped to my jeans (it doesn't stay well on the jeans, I usually clip it to my shirt on Fridays) and it fell into the chair... but anyway it is back! And I have turned the sound to normal instead of vibe...

No comments: